IMPORTANT – The GM has introduced a new skill called Observe. This is the equivalent of a spot check. Using Intellect (Perception) as its Attribute. At least Observer 1 for all.
Previously on Star Trek – Darkon
• Lt Fran asks about the shielded plating on the Zandorian vessel – we cannot put it on the bladed armour of the Airwolf unfortunately but it is an interesting piece of engineering.
• Lt Fran accesses his thermal scanning array and can see there are cloaked ships in the area where the Klingon vessels are supposed to be. Lt Fran contacts the Captain to let him now the Klingons are here.
• Kelly says they are cloaked in close formation.
• We drop from warp and Darkon says open hailing frequencies and says ‘I am Captain Darkon of the USS Airwolf and I am hailing Brigadier Kregg of the Klingon Task Force’.
New Session Notes
• There is only silence to the hail and it goes on for some minutes before Sammy shakes his head as there is not response from the Klingons.
• Darkon asks General Chang to speak and Chang steps forward and says ‘This is General Chang of the Klingon Defence Force hailing all vessels. Respond now!’ Again there is no answer and Chang says ‘Kregg was always too cagey for his own good.’
• Kelly has an Ensign scan and says after looking at the readings that the Klingons are moving and changing their formation; Chang responses saying he does not recognise the formation.
• Darkon raises shields and the ship goes to yellow alert – and we have a DEADPOOL moment as the 4th wall is broken!
• The specialist on sensors says ‘something is happening with the thermal readings’ and Kelly says ‘They are powering weapons!’
• Darkon commands that we cloak and move!!! McClune starts the operation and JC has told Davros to also in Engineering just in case we need a little something extra.
• All six Klingon vessels fire a full spread of torps but they miss us as we managed to cloak and move. Lt Cmdr Price says the Klingon ships are in various stages of damage.
• JC contacts Davros and he says that the cloak is operating within parameters.
• Darkon and Chang work out a way to contact the Klingons and he will say how Chang and Kregg met some months ago on Kronos to prove we are the real deal.
• Fran and JC arrive on the bridge and Kelly fills JC in on what has been happening. JC muses that perhaps the Zandorian ship from Vorlon came this way.
• We take our seats and Fran scans and locates the lead ship and updates the Captain.
• The IKS Melpara is Kregg’s vessel.
• JC send through the files I have on Zandorian weapon damage to Fran so he can compare them to his sensors findings.
• Fran says that the damage is internal and not external damage. We cannot tell if there are Klingons on board or not!
• JC has Fran send the sensor data to his panel and he quickly recognises the life signs on board the Klingon vessels… they are BREEN!!!
• JC turns to Darkon and says, ‘Captain destroy all the ships – there are only BREEN on board!’ and jaws drop but Darkon gives the orders and we destroy the main Klingon vessel and the other 5 also explode. JC thinks they were all slaved together and this is why they exploded.
• We scan the surrounding area for Klingon bodies and find none within range of the long range sensors. JC asks Fran to scan for all warp signatures.
• We turn off the cloak to conserve power and scan for warp signatures – there are warps signatures heading in the direction of the warp gate.
• JC gets the sensors reports so he can compare all the warp signatures (these ones are fluctuating a lot so this ‘could’ be Breen) against the data he has acquired during the crews time in Zandorian Space, while Sammy checks sub-space channels for interference; it could also be a new type of technology we are dealing with.
• Fran scans for the ‘Twlight’ and picks ‘something’ up on his sensors but they are at an extreme range. After this Fran asks Kelly if he can have Price scan the debris that might match power, shields and \ or life support systems before we leave and transport the items to a small cargo room.
• Price finds them and gets transporter lock; 6 items are in the cargo bay under a level 10 forcefield.
• The ship head towards what we think is the Twlight at warp 9 (cloak deactivated); we will reach them in 30 mins.
• Darkon contacts Dvoraks to find out how the probe is going – the answer is ‘It is going well’ – and Darkon fills him on the Breen and the destruction of the Klingon ships. Dvoraks wants a Breen body to study, but we did not manage to get one.
• Once we are 15 mins from the Twlight we can receive messages from SB 310 so Darkon gets a text message… Sammy scans it and says it is fine to open so he does.
• Darkon reads it and then lets JC read it… it is from Lt. Peters…
To my dearest Brett
The love I feel for you is green. My birthday wishes for you are like a dream.
I hope to have your party ready soon, it will be the gathering of the year.
Most of the people who come will leave on their ear.
Love and Kisses
• Needless to say Darkon is not amused…
• On a tight beam we contact the Twlight and Darkon hails them and awaits an answer. Captain Higgins responses and says ‘Give me the information for Admiral Ross’ in a tone that we are all surprised by, so of course things do not go well… Darkon cuts the hails and then after some debate he opens the hail again and talks to Commander Nased-Sokro (the fighter pilot from earlier).
• Again the conversation is NOT going well and before Darkon says things that will just dig a hole for everyone on board, JC convinces Darkon on a different course of action as JC has worked out Commander Nased is trying to give Darkon a way out!
o JC works says that we are being ‘not’ told by Admiral Ross to continue investigating the mission we are one. Darkon might be ‘under suspicion’ for some reason (do they really need one?) but JC says what the Commander is really telling us is Admiral Ross wants plausible deniability so if we are caught going after the Rebels base he can say he had no knowledge of it.
o We will use the probe as a trick \ decoy once we are at the best location away from the Twlights sensors and then we cloak (in Cardassian space not Federation) and go in the correct direction.
o JC adds ‘We get the job done but we are also expendable…’ Kelly backs up JC 100% and Darkon sees the merit of the plan.
• Darkon thanks the Commander, cuts the hail and we speed off at Warp 9 towards the DMZ.
• Meanwhile Dvoraks says that the probe is ready so Dvoraks and B’Hor head to the bridge. Dvoraks takes a seat to fire the probe and Fran checks the readings and thinks Dvoraks did a fine job…
• Fran locates a Black Hole that will work as a good buffer and help to disrupt anyone trying to get sensor readings of the ship. As we can launch the probe the ship will cloak and we head in direction of the Rebel Base.
• We reach the black hole and at the precise location Dvoraks launches the probe; After checking the readings Fran agrees that all is progressing as it should.
• JC says to Raven to follow the probe until we are away from the Black Hole, then we cloak and travel at warp 7 only. Fran and JC still need to continue monitoring the sensors, cloak and check the debris from the Klingon vessels.
• Fran does one last scans of the probe; it is all proceeding as planned and we are soon heading deeper into Cardassian space and the system where the Rebel base is located.
• Fran tinkers with the cloak and has it purring (realigned the manifold) so as a result we will avoid any patrols as well as we travel. During this time Davros and JC go over the schematics of the Zandorian vessel and work out how they can get the pulse weapon to affect ‘people’ and not the equipment on the rebel base.
• Sammy reports that we have lost connection to the probe so hopefully it is still on course.
• JC wonders if there a defence that could be constructed against the Zandorian pulse weapon. If Fran, Davros and JC could work this out it would make the Airwolf formidable.
• JC ask Dvoraks to come to engineering; once there he asks Dvoraks if he knows anything about the pulse weapon, but Dvoraks does not know. JC also asks him what is some damn vital about the mission – what are we stealing? Dvoraks says ‘We need to beam down and get certain information and then destroy the base’.
• Dvoraks’ adds that the base will also house ship and troop movements, technical data and other useful pieces of Intel we will need. Dvoraks then says ‘We need to get this information before being discovered and also make sure they do not realise we have said information…’
• JC then asks if Dvoraks knows how many Zandorians and Sub-Commanders are there we might encounter at the base?
• Dvoraks gives JC a strange look and asks ‘Why?’
• JC says ‘Do we use the Corvette Captain and his troopers to regain their honour and help us in the fight against the Rebels’. Dvoraks things this is an interesting idea.
• Dvoraks hands over a PADD with schematics of a device we could build that will help disrupt the Sub-Commanders mental abilities. It must rotate between two frequencies. JC mumbles thanks for sharing… insert much sarcasm.
• Would the frequencies work better if added to the shields rotation and modulation? Would these settings of controlled by a computer perhaps disrupt the pulse weapon? Or controlled by Davros as he thinks faster than anyone else on board thinks JC.
• We will need to test these theories though when we do not need the cloak working. Fran begins to perform some modelling and builds the device. We will test it on Fran.
• Fran tries hard but cannot read anyone! It may only be a temporary fix but that is a start.
• JC looks at the PADD from the Sub-Commander now the encryption has been broken and sees it is full of star charts and lots of ship information.
• Fran adds it into Stellar-Cartographer and collates the data. The results suggest the data has been combined from multiple ships. Also the ships are communicating over extremely long distances and are tracking a LOT of information. The Zandorians have had a long time to develop their psychic powers and this communication seems much faster than what is used in Star Fleet.
• JC and Fran realise that most of the data has been collected from a distance!! Almathra sector and across to the bottom of the Cardassian Union. The central point is the Almartha system and JC understands that the Almartha Nebula has a Zandorian Space Station hidden in it!!!
• Cardassian sensors cannot probe the Nebula but Zandorians sensors can! This is such valuable information! JC suggests we keep an eye out for this type of nebula within the Alpha Quadrant.
• Fran wonders if it is flammable as ‘io-nite’ is a very rare substance and if not collected \ processed safely can be ignited. This type of nebula also has a special element in it that is probably used for the Zandorian ships fuel. That would be why they choose this nebula.
• The sensors show that Zandorian vessels open a transwarp tunnel and move about very quickly.
• The Zandorians are building for the future and it is possible that the Rebels are what is holding the whole process up. Fran believes it is about 6-8 weeks before they find the Rebel base based on the data collected so far.
• We need to connect the captured Zandorian ship to the Space Station (somehow) so we can get updated information, but we must do so without giving away who we are.
• JC muses that IF we could get the Rebels to help the Federation and find out what caused the Sub-Commanders to leave Emperor (all but Van Ricky) as it makes no sense!!!
• JC also thinks that Dvoarks is not telling everything – we need to know what it is and Dvoraks says he will tell us once we are on the base.
• Dvoraks has a rotating frequency and JC modifies his personal shield to see if I can stop Fran’s scans. JC believes he has the levels correct and returns a short time later to Fran and Dvoraks and says lets test.
• Lt Fran fails to get through the shield but on the second attempt managers to get through (after applying a great amount of psychic energy). We work out that the shield will eventually go down as the power is drained by the psychic energies.
• Fran comments that this shield would stop any normal Betazoid for a great deal of time.
• JC says it will take 15 mins to recharge the personal cloak \ stealth shield.
• Dvoraks reluctantly says there is something on the base that will help ‘us’ but we cannot let the Confederates know if we are successful in getting the ‘device’ or information.
• JC has a meeting with the Captain and explains what is happening and what Dvoraks has added. We will need to take pattern enhances with us for the team of 10 people; Dvoraks, JC, Fran, B’Hor, Freya, Darkon, Chang and 3 Klingons.
END of SESSION