Player Character Name Primary Dice Sec Dice Race
Phil B Lt. Fran Green Blue Betazoid
Warren Lt. Cmdr. Faulkenberg Brown Red Human
Rob Lt. Romar Orange Light Blue Vulcan
Dave Cmdr. Darkon Yellow Black Human
Wayne GM White Grey N/A
Catherine Lt. Gette ASBENT ASBENT Bajoran
Starfleet Field Uniform Colour
• USS Surprise (Defiant Class), No Gel Packs, No Cloaking Device, orbiting the planet Trelka (29 personnel aboard)
• Also present: General Chang (Klingon) who has taken command of the captured D’deridex Class
• On the planet is a Bajoran Interment Camp. Prisoners initial scan – Bajorans, 1x Human, Possible federation people
• Darkon manages to persuade General Change to hold off heading to Cardassia Prime. General acquiesces ( to the Pe’lor) and asks to assist with repairs on D’deridex.
• Faulkenberg recommends that he goes over to the ship and in exchange Darkon asks the General if the Klingons will go down the planet (to liberate the Internment camp).
• Sammy Silver opens hails
• After talking to a Klingon Lt – General Chang calls back and agrees
• Darkon agrees to send: Faulkenberg, Moss (Engineer), McClure (Chief Engineer), Hallic (Science), 2x security specialists (Maroon shirts) to the D’deridex – Transport complete
Actions on the planet will be in blue, and ship operations (Surprise or D’deridex) will remain in black.
• Klingon (incl Chang) going down to the planet. Darkon (With Sniper Rifle) is heading down with Freya (Acting Chief of Security) and 2x Security specialists – (Maroon shirts) & Viggo (Field Medic)
• Ensign Kelly (2nd Officer) is left in charge of the USS Surprise
• Upon arriving on the planet Darkon encounters the Klingons (5+ Chang) – one of which is Be’hor (the stealth agent)
• Darkon and Chang have another discussion about trying to convince him that this is more important (instead of heading to Cardassia Prime). Chang changes course and asks about the Zandorans… Darkon nips that discussion in the bud. Turns out that the General is aware of Shreddar (Klingon renegade). ‘Par’tok’. According to Chang he was staying with the Duros family but has since left due to unknown reasons – possibility of an attack on the Duros outpost??
• Aboard the D’deridex, Faulkenberg is met by Laybok (Klingon first officer). Faulkenberg suggests engineering and weapon systems (even though life-support is low) and Laybok agrees (is pleased by weapons talk). Moss realizes that something is wrong immediately upon arrival on the ship. ‘There’s something wrong with the singularity – critical issue’. Everyone heads to Engineering. The Klingon there is unconscious. Security specialists charge in (both fall down), Laybok too. He manages to stay up. Poisonous gas has been released. (Booby Trap!). Manage to reactivate environmental systems and expel the gas. Attempt to beam the injured back to the USS Surprise. Encounter a dampening field that has been erected!!!
• Faulkenberg and McClure head to the singularity, Hallack is providing first aid to the Klingon and 2 security (Klingon more injured), Moss heads out of the area to try and locate the dampening field (noob).
• Moss is attacked by a Romulan Saboteur (gravely injured – courage points used)
• Freya and Darkon head into the bunker where they know they can deactivate the power of the internment facility. Who will hack the system (Freya-Darkon-Freya)..
• Beam the Klingons and others into position. Darkon takes position on a rise with his sniper rifle.
• Cardassian, Collaborators, Prisoners, Bajorans w/ weapons???
• ‘Shut it down’
• Power goes out and chaos ensues. Cardassian leader orders to start killing the prisoners.
• Darkon snipes that leader.
• Klingons take the observation post.
• Freya beams in from the bunker. The assault begins
• Faulkenberg is attempting to break into the Romulan systems, they have been shutout with Tal’Shir encryption. Davros comes out to assist with the singularity. It is powered down, but the Dampening field is still in effect.
• Lots of carnage (from both Klingons killing Cardassians, Cardassians killing prisoners). Lt Romar is drawing most of the fire now (dodging), Lt Fran has taken position behind a rock.
• 1x Klingon, 1x Security specialists are down, 8 Cardassian/Bajorans remaining.
• Davros is still hacking, Faulkenberg is attempting to locate the power source of the dampening field, manages to localize it to Secondary Transporter Room. Laybok confirms the ship hasn’t been fully searched (not enough men).
• ‘McClure to Faulkenberg’ – Moss has been found shot, near death. Hallic says we need to get him back to the ship. Can’t with dampening field activate. Head to the medical facility (one level below – same as the secondary transport room’, I’ll transfer power. Prepares to send a feedback pulse to the transport room.
• 3 Bad Guys remaining (Darkon sniper!!)
• 3x Cardassians come out of a prefect’s? office and start shooting – Leader is attempting to run towards a vehicle. He’s intercepted by Lt Romar who performs a Vulcan Nerve Pinch. Cardassian leader rendered unconscious.
• Klingons quickly dispatch the remaining bad guys (roar in celebration of victory).
• Lt Fran begins to check the wounded, get one of the Bajoran Councilors to start organizing the wounded, he’s in shock
• Commander Darkon comes forward and introduces himself. Lt Romar and Lt Fran return with their names. Darkon and Freya move forward with blood screening for changeling. Lt Romar/Bajoran prisoners look concerned. Lt Fran confirms their intention (read Darkon’s mind). Once both Lt Romar and Lt Fran are processed, the Bajorans line up. Lt Fran requests a tricorder and begins to check the wounded.
• 2x Klingons and 1x Security specialist dead. 18 Bajorans survived. Bajoran identified as Dvoraks. Taken into custody by Darkon.
• Ensign Kelly reports to Commander Darkon that they have lost contact with the D’deridex. They are having trouble scanning the ship. Lt Fran suggests the bunker scanners (they are quite good) – This was before the damage Freya did with deactivating the power systems.
• Viggo is transported to the ship with Dvoraks. Freya and Fran transported to the bunker.
• Systems are unfortunately useless, would take too long to repair. Lt Fran suggests going to the USS Surprise while Freya stay with some Klingons and Lt Romar to gather some of the remaining systems (memory core etc).
• Darkon agrees and Fran is sent to the USS Surprise.
• Arriving on the ship Lt Fran is escorted to the bridge where Dr Lori is attempting to deactivate the dampening field. Lt Fran suggests activating the Cloaking device as that will shut off any other power (hopefully the dampening field). Tachyron pulse targeting the Cloaking Device. (The USS Surprise has some interesting Tachyon technology advancement – worth studying at another time).
• The pulse is successful and the cloak activates. Unfortunately, the field is still activated. Fran alters the scanners to show the ship on sensors (thermographic sensors reveal the D’deridex). Fran realizes what is happening. Another cloak ship is using a power transfer beam. Modified Romulan Science Vessel. Applying the same thermographic sensors locates the science vessel. Provides details to Ensign Kelly.
All actions from here are in space – Back to black
• All those on the planet are transported to the USS Surprise. Darkon gives the order to fire on the science vessel.
• Full spread of torpedoes launched towards the Science Vessel. Something is wrong, they all turn course and hit the D’deridex instead.
• It hits the power transfer system (luckily). It creates the feedback that Faulkenberg was attempting to do, science vessel obliterated. D’deridex is in trouble. Dampening field down. Secondary transport room destroyed. Abandon ship (D’deridex).
• Transporting off the ship to the USS Surprise (Rescue Human, Klingons)
• Lt Fran beams the ruined cloaking device from the Science Vessel (Level 9 Forcefield – might be boobytrapped).
• Lt Fran suggests to the Captain that we separate the engineering section (singularity unstable) from the cloaking device, might be able to beam it aboard. Darkon agrees.
• Weapons launched at the D’deridex. Due to USS Surprise weapons, it is much more difficult, but we are successful in separating the engineering core from the cloaking device. Tractor beam onto the section of the ship with the cloaking device and full impulse out of the sector
• Captain Darkon calls for all senior officers to report to the Mess Hall (Kelly staying on bridge), Darkon, Faulkenberg, McClure, Price, Silver, Freya, General Chang, (Romar & Fran requested to join).
• Introductions and discussion of what to do about the cloaking device. It’s going to take too long to tractor the piece of ship in (because it is so big), its slowing us down and worried about Cardassians. Fran brings up specs of the device and shows exactly what can be removed. Lt Romar/Lt Command Price discuss it and they decide to use shuttlecraft beams (more control) to slice through the debris.
• Lt Silver & Lt McClure comment about the modified Science vessel, it has an extremely large communication array. Was communicating to Cardassia Prime. Our position compromised.
• Lt Kelly informs the Mess Hall that they have detected a Galor Class Cardassian ship on an intercept course. Faulkenberg & McClure are heading to engineering to get more out of the engines.
• Lt Romar & Lt Commander Price head for the shuttlecraft bay, Lt Fran returns to the bridge.
• Ensign Kelly is (freaking out) concerned about the possibility of being attacked while towing the cloaking device. Lt Fran modifies the sensors for thermographic close range and then begins modifying some of the probes (turns out the ship has some already modified ones that will be most helpful). Ensign Kelly is satisfied and assigns crew to help Lt Fran.
• Lt Romar first attempt to reduce the size of the wreckage, and it goes perfectly. Transported into the Cargo bay (behind a Level 9 forcefield) and jettison the science vessel’s ruined device and destroyed.
• Warp 9 towards Federation space.
• The Galor class coming in at Warp 9.2. Will catch us in 4 hours.
• Have 4 hours to try and get the cloak working or engines increase.
• Captain Darkon opens comms to the crew and introduces the two new crewmembers – makes Lt Fran – Chief Science Officer and Lt Romar (Chief of Security).
Darkon, Viggo & Lt Romar are going to the brig to check on the Cardassian
Faulkenberg & Engineering are attempting to get more out of the engines
Fran & Science (will need an engineer) to try and get the cloaking device online
Dvoraks is in med bay with a security officer.
Cloaking Device Issues:
• Booby-trap (Need security)
• Compatible power source
• Making sure the cloak is going to mask the signature of the Defiant (Defiant had issues with still putting out an energy source while cloaked, especially at high warp)