IMPORTANT – The GM has introduced a new skill called Observe. This is the equivalent of a spot check. Using Intellect (Perception) as its Attribute. At least Observer 1 for all.
Previously on Star Trek – Darkon
• The Klingons say they admire the honour of the Zandorians and understand that the young boy wants to die.
• Fran has had enough as he does not want to see the boy die and tries to break through the mental barriers but he is not successful.
• Blood starts to come out of the boy’s nose… and Darkon tells Fran to stop \ stand down.
• Chang says that the boy’s tongue has been cut out (on purpose before he was sent out according to JC) and that this was a one way mission.
• What is it that has made these people turn away from the Emperor and still follow a Sub Commander that has a person’s tongue cut out?
• A debate in sews about the Zandorians and why they split but Darkon yells out towards the Zandorian door – “Ouh! I want to talk!”
New Session Notes
• There is only silence from the Zandorians behind the door… Fran says maybe we could bring in a Jem’ Hadar body to prove to the Zandorians we are not working with the Vorta! Darkon agrees and has JC and B’Hor go and get the body. JC says ‘Ah crap’…
• Fran senses a disturbance… physic emanations from outside the temple area… and then Fran starts to scream ‘Get it out, get it out!’ So Dvoraks smacks Fran in the side of the head with a rifle butt and falls to ground unconscious.
• JC scans for other life forms (there is interference) and notices that there is an eclipse of the planet starting to happen! JC alerts Darkon and shares the bad news and suggests that we get more sulphur for bombs as a way to block the temple once more.
• JC wonders if the Sub Commander of the base is the leader of the infected. Is he the main problem?
• B’Hor arrives back with the body.
• JC waits and scans once more and manages to get some readings. The interference is electrical in nature and he then notices that his Tricorder has lost 16% charge when it should be only around 2%.
• Fran scans the corridor where the door is to the base and notices that the scans affect the liquid and it tries to deflect the scans.
• Darkon throws a stone at another part of the door; it sticks in as Fran scans the door indicating there might be a way through!
• The stone falls and has some of the ‘door’ on it. Fran scans the stone and then scans the liquid from the door that is on the stone (Fran says you suck GM).
• The liquid from the door that is in the stone is dying.
• Darkon has an idea and decides to stick the arm of the dead Jem’Hadar into the door to see what happens… Freya and Dvoraks take a step back…
• The arm goes in and the door does not touch the arm!! Darkon looks in and can see movement; Darkon orders Dvoraks to scan and he picks up Zandorian life signs.
• JC sees a head pop up out of the sand nearby – it is a native and he is waving JC over! JC informs Darkon of this and then the door closes on the arm of the Jem’Hadar cutting it off.
• Darkon has a closer inspection of the Jem’Hadar and there is NO ketra cell white!!
• JC turns off his cloak, unplugs his phaser and then as the scan finishes he quickly reads the results and un-plugs his Borg Tricorder.
• JC makes a dash to the now two natives that are at the hidden entrance informing Darkon what he is doing in process.
• JC tells Darkon he is not coming back in as he has made it to safety in a tunnels (B’Hor confirms this).
• JC manages to understand some of the language the two natives are talking in. He understands ‘Hiding – Day walkers – Day Darkness’.
• Freya collapses the tunnel now that JC is not coming back in and the dust settles… JC indicates to the natives to lead the way – their eyes change to violet (they can see in the dark!) and eventually JC is lead to a large cavern. Below him he can see 200 sets of purple eyes looking up at him then one of the natives says something and points to JC – the words are translated to ‘The God being’. Oh crap thinks JC…
• Fran scans and starts to rewrite the code of the door and manages to cause a crack in it! Darkon hands a pistol to Freya and Dvoraks as they get ready to storm the door when it goes down.
• JC checks his tricorder (after putting the battery back in) and can see that the power is down 34% now – JC removes the battery again but knows he will need to turn it back on to see how if the drain continues happening underground.
• Fran continues to work his changes and now there is water dripping from the door and the door is starting to shimmer. If the whole door starts to shimmer then it will be weaken to the point where Darkon can smash through it.
• Darkon puts the Jem’Hadar against the door but nothing happens.
• JC descends a ladder to the same level as the natives that were looking up at him and is lead through the cavern. The two natives that called JC over are only teenagers and there are a large number of native adults in the cavern. No children though.
• The noises outside the collapsed tunnel are gone – very strange and Fran continues to try and break down the door – should be totally shimmering by shortly. Darkon and co. throw more rocks at the door. The door is starting to loose cohesion at the top.
• JC is lead to another room and through a curtain door into another room; in this room is a masked figure with a staff; He steps towards JC and shakes the staff and starts to dance around JC – JC thinks he is a native witch doctor (best comparison so far).
• The witch doctor finishes and then starts to paint the JC’s face. JC understands that the witch doctor is saying ‘It is a time of change.’ JC is not sure what that ‘change’ is.
• The door breaks down enough that Darkon tells Freya to throw the bomb through, stuffs it and Dvoraks smacks it over the door like a baseball and it goes ‘boom’.
• Dvoraks leaps over the door and is inside the room before the door collapses. Fran scans the room beyond the door and says there is a bajoran in the room! OMG… and then realises oops that’s Dvoraks.
• Chang and B’Hor look at their weapons and their disrupters are all at half power.
• The witch doctor has finished putting the paint on JC and indicates for JC to follow him. The witch doctor touches a part of the rear wall of the room and a door appears as the stone moves aside. Interesting thinks JC as there was no power system involved. Was it counter weighted or opened via some psychic power?
• The doorway opens into another large cavern and in the room JC sees a massive ‘cube of jelly’… and it wobbles… JC puts the power cell back in his tricorder and see the power drop from 34% to 36%, 37%, 38% before quickly pulling out the power cell. This organism is the most likely cause of the power drain affecting the planet! JC believes it is a living battery of some kind. Moving up to the jelly JC can feel the heat emanating from it.
• JC looks around the cavern to see if it is amplifying the jellies power and can see that the walls and floor of the cavern are glowing \ shimmering slightly.
• Fran links with the native boy and senses that the kid is worried that he is going to be eaten by Fran. Fran tries to work out if this is a culture ‘thing’ or not.
• Back in the Zandorian base the team moves deeper into the complex. Everything opens manually – no electrical equipment or limited equipment in all the rooms so far. A medical kit is found in one of the rooms already opened but then discarded – very strange.
• Darkon enters one room and examines it fully. It seems to be someone’s quarters. Hidden inside the equivalent of a sock drawer is an ornate wooden container. Although Darkon is unable to find a key, Dvoraks manages to pick the lock. Inside is a cylinder insider, made of glass, sides made with ceramics. It’s a Vial. Inside is a dark red liquid. Darkon calls for Fran who comes in and examines the contents. Its pure Zandorian but it seems to be some type of virus strain…. Biogenic weapon. Fran immediately asks to go examine the body and returns back to the lab.
• Upon returning to the lab he notices Chang and Apollo having words, I’m not sure what Chang is up to but Apollo seems extremely scared. Upon arriving I order them both out and manage to more fully examine the room.
• In a ‘lab’ room Fran finds dried blood and equipment used in biological studies. Could this be where they were developing a Bio weapon? Fran then wonders ‘Could the Zandorian kid be infected?’ ‘Was this base more of a bio-weapon facility?’ ‘What were the Zandorians REALLY doing here?’
• Fran attempts to put on one of the bio-suits so he can take a closer look but cannot. In the end he puts on the helm only. Fran then begins scanning for the virus but the one here is different to the one on the people outside the base! Unfortunately, there is not enough data here to work out if its linked to the cylinder.
• Fran has a fit and tells everyone to get away from the Zandorian boy as he is infected!!!
• Apollo has a fit as he wants to know if he is infected!!!! Fran scans him and is not sure; Apollo or the native boy but Apollo wants an answer – Fran says no you are fine and Apollo settles down but in truth Fran is not sure. In the end Fran thinks he is safe and he had the most contact with the Zandorian boy so he assumes the others are safe as well. He seals the lab behind and heads to Darkon to report on the situation. The native boy has started to follow Fran around since their connection and Apollo just realises that Fran is the only one really preventing the Klingons from killing him.
• JC looks at the floor to see what is under the shimmering – the shimmering is like an extension or creep from the jelly and JC can see that the floor is made up of diamonds and as he puts his hands on the diamonds JC has a vision!
• JCs Vision
o JC is looking down on the whole planet and can see tentacles or strands from the ‘jelly’ going all over the planet.
o JC follows the strands and can see Fran scanning himself but JC is low to the ground looking up at Fran – like from a child’s height (a native perhaps?)
o Then JC is back in his body looking at the jelly.
• JC then sees the witch doctor looking at him saying ‘Good Good’.
• Back in the base Dvoraks says ‘fuck me’… and adds ‘Sir please get in here!’ He never says sir to Darkon… Dvoraks also looks a little ‘green’.
• Darkon looks in the room and sees five cells.
o Cell one – female night walker – alive – in a really bad way
o Cell two – Starfleet marine – alive – in a bad way
o Cell Three – Jem’Hadar – DEAD
o Cell Four – pirate (one of Apollo’s men) – alive
o Cell Five – a blue alien – like a Deltan but not – alive but not looking well.
• Darkon calls Apollo forward and shoves him in the cell room and he sees the pirate and says ‘Its Duncan!’ They pair thought each other was dead and Apollo says we are going to leave this hell hole of a planet with Star Fleet.
• JC is looking at the jelly – there is a connection to everything but he not sure what it is. JC tries to work out a way he can siphon some power from the jelly without killing it.
• Duncan has a fit when Fran walks into the room and all the prisoners (except the dead Jem’Hadar and the blue alien) scream and freak and want to attack and take Fran. They are all infected. Fran leaves the room at this point.
• Duncan eventually calms down and explains the situation and the fact that they have all been tested upon by the Zandorians. Darkon and Freya try to take readings but fail badly.
• Fran bites the bullet and comes in to scan. There is a battle of wills and Fran is losing again… Darkon overloads a phaser and throws it into the cell with Duncan. The phaser explodes and Duncan is dead.
• Fran says ‘was that me?!?!?!’ referring to Duncan exploding. No says Darkon.
• Fran says Duncan wanted to feed upon him!
• The other prisoner is still going crazy.
• Fran has a headache and says Duncan had Zandorian Sub-Commander powers – was he a Zandorian or a host for the sub-commander wonders Darkon? Fran adds that Duncan wanted to be in the cell and could have left at any time. A scan reveals that Duncan has Zandorian DNA in him – what tests were the Zandorians performing here!
• Using his Physics and Systems Engineering knowledge, and then some Computer Modelling \ Hacking skills JC is sure he can rig up a way to siphon power from the Jelly to charge his items, but he will more than likely kill the jelly… not good.
• JC thinks about the layout of the cavern and thanks to his Geology studies believes he has a solution!
• To confirm that he can do it JC uses the power from his phaser to power his tricorder to run 6 computer models. The result is he has a 1 in 6 chance of failure; Not bad odds.
• Meanwhile in the cell block Darkon and Fran try to communicate with the blue alien. The alien puts its hand through the hole – it has three fingers on each hand and is not a species known to the Federation. Fran tries to communicate telepathically but is not successful. A medical scan did not reveal anything.
• Darkon touches the blue aliens hand… and he has a vision of light and sound in his mind.
• Darkon’s Vision
o A beautiful city of blue aliens and then the Zandorians attack.
o The ship was a sub-commander vessel with a particular house \ symbols on it.
o Chained blue aliens and then needles and pods of a blue liquid being drained from them
o Then a Zandorian Sub-Commander with Blue eyes turns and looks at Darkon.
o The vision is what the blue alien wants Darkon to know. Darkon also knows the aliens name but it not pronounceable.
• The sub-commander from the vision is not the same as the one on this planet.
• Darkon grabs a pen and paper and draws the symbol of the house on it for later investigation.
• After some discussion about what the blue essence might be used for – enhancing power and maybe weapons – This is probably the reason all Zandorians are resistant to psychic powers.
• Fran touches the blue aliens hand…
• Fran’s Vision
o Zandorians are losing a war against an unknown enemy.
o Hundreds of years ago – modern tech but nothing as advanced as what they have now.
o Same rank structure – sub-commanders are using normal weapons not psychic weapons.
o Fran then see the Emperor and behind him are a number of the blue aliens – the act as the Imperial Seers.
o Sub-Commanders are political officers and have no psychic powers.
o The Emperor turns to his seers and they do an auger and it does not bode well for the Imperium.
o A secret council (without the emperor) and the sub-commanders house happens and they decide to take some blue aliens for experimentation and create the first psychic weapon and the war changes slightly in the Zandorians favour.
• Darkon offers to let blue alien out but Dvoraks says ‘are you sure about this…’ and Darkon says ‘they were used and abused just like the Bajorans were by the Cardassians…’ Dvoraks is put back in his box.
• JC starts to create the power loop to siphon the power he needs and after some adjustments is successful!
• JC powers up his equipment and leaves the universal translator on so it can try and work out what the witch doctor is saying as he dances around the cavern. He is happy with what JC has managed to do.
• Fran and Darkon discuss what is to be done about the two remaining prisoners. Darkon uses the same trick he did on Duncan and splat the infected native female dies.
• As for the Marine since he cannot be saved he is given the choice – he chooses death and after missing once with his disruptor, Chang fires a second time and the Marine dies.
END of SESSION